I can be a bit of a stress junkie. I have a bad habit of overloading myself, and then turning into Mumzilla. Not exactly conducive to a calm home environment. Our lives can be a little chaotic.
However, this year we have been doing pretty well. And although the year started out at full noise, as it progressed, work-life balance was coming back.
The problem being, as you may know, that we have just started a major new project.
We have purchased an investment house. And it is in dire need of repair.
I picked up the keys last week. But it took a day or so to build up the courage to actually go inside the house. I just couldn’t face the smell. I was having a bad case of “what have we done???”.
But after our first weekend on the project, I can tell you I have been surprised:
- We have found a new family project. All eight hands “on deck”.
- Miss T is great at stripping wallpaper (bye bye smokey wallpaper smell!!!).
- It is a lot easier doing renovations now the girls are old enough to entertain themselves. And they love that they can walk to the dairy to buy themselves an ice cream for afternoon tea 🙂
- Hubby commented how nice it was to be doing something with Miss T again (now 13). Just like the old days – working together on a project. Nice to have his little girl back by his side.
- We are working on our future, together.
So a little stressful. But there is a bright side. A little like the cherry on top. Because Stressed is just Desserts backwards.
This will probably be us for the next three months!!